REEF AND RAINFOREST HONEYMOON & ROMANCE PACKAGE
Equal parts amorous and adventurous, this Belizean honeymoon is for the newlyweds or romance travelers who crave excitement. From the scenic sea to the raw, untouched jungle, spending time in both of our resorts allows you to fully immerse yourselves in all Belize has to offer.
Our team will personally greet you at Belize City International Airport and provide ground transportation to the lodge. Upon arrival, check into your Waterfall View Cabana, complete with a tropical floral arrangement. During your stay, you’ll venture out to explore the wild side of Belize: Take a day trip to the majestic ruins at Caracol, the largest Maya site in Belize, in the Chiquibul Forest, with stops at Rio Frio Cave and the Rio On pools. Reserve another day for your journey canoeing through the ancient Barton Creek Cave, which culminates with an exhilarating zip-lining adventure or a visit to Green Hill Butterfly Farm. Temper your adventures with moments of relaxation and romance: Take in a sunset hour by our waterfalls with a chilled bottle of sparkling wine or enjoy one of your dinners served under the stars on the restaurant terrace.
After your stay in the jungle, you’ll head to the sea for four nights in one of our gorgeous Seafront Casitas, where you’ll have unobstructed views of the Caribbean Sea. Your time at Matachica will be spent relaxing on the beach, experiencing the diverse marine life of the barrier reef and enjoying the intimate, secluded ambiance of this special resort.
Tropical cocktails upon arrival will perfectly prime you for relaxing on our sandy shores. During your stay at Matachica, you’ll embark on a snorkel excursion to Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley Marine Reserves where you’ll observe gorgeous marine life, nurse sharks and stingrays. Take advantage of our on-site kayaks, paddle boards, bicycles and snorkel gear and unwind at our Jade Spa with a one-hour aromatherapy couples massage—an ideal way to conclude your romantic adventure.
Let us show you what Belize has to offer in this 7-night package combining the best of the country.
Personal welcome at Belize City International Airport, with ground transportation to the lodge
- 3 nights at Gaia Riverlodge in one of our Waterfall View Cabanas with king bed; complete with a tropical floral arrangement
- Daily breakfast, and 3-course dinner, accompanied by a bottle of red or white house wine with each dinner, served under the stars on the restaurant terrace
- Sunset hour by the waterfall with chilled bottle of sparkling wine (weather permitting)
- Day trip to Caracol, the largest Maya site in Belize, with stops at Rio Frio Cave and the Rio On pools
- Day trip to Barton Creek Cave, with an exhilarating zip-lining adventure or a visit to Green Hill Butterfly Farm
- Ground transportation to Maya Flats; flight from Maya Flats to San Pedro
Personal welcome at San Pedro airstrip and boat transfer to Matachica
- 4 nights at Matachica Resort in one of our gorgeous Seafront Casitas with king bed
- Tropical welcome cocktails upon arrival
- Daily à-la-carte breakfast from Mambo’s award winning menu
- Daily à-la-carte dinner at our award winning Mambo Restaurant, paired with a bottle of wine of your choosing, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Cabernet or Merlot (one bottle per couple per night)
- One private candlelight dinner on your villa verandah, specially catered by Matachica staff
- Snorkel excursion to Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley Marine Reserves
- 1-hour aromatherapy couples massage at Jade Spa
- Flight from San Pedro to Belize City International Airport
Low Season 2020 May 1st – December 19th
– 2 guests
High Season 2019/2020 December 20th, 2019 – April 30th, 2020
– 2 guests
Deposit and Cancellation Policy
To confirm your reservation, we require a one night deposit of your stay at Matachica and the balance is due two weeks prior to arrival.
May be made more than 14 days prior to arrival with a full refund of the deposit.
Within 14 days of arrival, there is no refund but the payment will be counted in full toward a rescheduled stay within 24 months of the original stay dates.
No refund or credit for no-shows.
Please keep in mind that Matachica is a mature environment with a minimum age requirement of 16 years.
All rates are for one or two guests sharing the room.
A 9% hotel tax and 10% service charge will be added to the room rate.